On May 11, 2017 at Parc 55 in San Francisco, 500 Startups’ latest batch, Batch 20, celebrated their graduation from our 4-month accelerator program with Demo Day. The 41 Batch companies hailing from 10 different countries successfully pitched their companies to a room full of active and accredited investors, resulting in follow-up investor meetings and funding on-site. Below is a recap of the event.
B20 DEMO DAY OVERVIEW >>
- 414 total attendees (not including the batch companies)
- 300 investors and corporate strategics in attendance
- 35 current LP’s in attendance
- 19 guests from General Motors, a partner of Batch 20
- 3,813 people watched via Livestream. The top 10 countries who viewed remotely are as follows:
WHY DO WE DRESS UP? Wondering what’s up with the flowers and tie-dye? B20 Demo Day was “Summer of Love” themed. Read check out this article for more on why we dress up our Demo Days.
B20 DEMO DAY PRESS COVERAGE >>
Our favorite companies from 500 Startups 20th Demo Day
The top 500 Startups Batch 20 Demo Day Startups
500 Startups celebrates 20th batch, ‘Summer of Love,’ at Demo Day
Watch 500 Startups Batch 20 Demo Day here
PRESENTING BATCH 20 COMPANIES >>
44 companies hailing from 10 international countries
B20 includes GovTech (13.6% of B20), FinTech (27%) and Digital Health (15.9%). 36% of the B20 are international representing 10 countries. Canada, Israel, Thailand, Hong Kong, Latvia, Estonia, Brazil, United Kingdom, Nigeria, and France.
B20 is also a diverse set and has 20.5% of companies with at least one woman founder, 11.4% of companies in with at least one black founder, and 13.6% of companies with at least one latinX founder.
- AllVirtuous — On-demand investigation platform to fight counterfeit products through crowdsourcing.
- Alta5 — An event-driven automation platform for trading the financial markets.
- BenRevo — Digitally connects insurance carriers, brokers, and employers.
- Biomarker.io — A monitoring and tracking platform that optimizes your wellness and supplement routine.
- Bloom Credit — Takes a data-driven approach to improving the financial health and eligibility of loan applicants.
- Boon — An AI-powered referral recruiting network that helps companies hire talent in their employees’ social networks.
- Cadence — An API for connecting language interpreters with businesses.
- Clanbeat — An ongoing feedback tool for monthly performance reviews targeted at managers.
- Cyberwrite — Cybersecurity predictive analytics for the insurance space
- Court Buddy — A tech platform that matches users with solo attorneys based on their budget.
- Credit Stacks — Credit cards for building credit history.
- Digital Mortar — Full customer path tracking for brick and mortar retailers.
- EquitySim — Trains students to trade in financial markets, and uses machine learning to connect them with employers.
- FriendlyData — A natural language interface for databases.
- Funderful — Online fundraising software for universities.
- Govlist — Optimizes government purchasing through document automation and analytics.
- Halo Home — Smart home security
- Hyphen — A real-time, anonymous employee listening platform leveraging machine learning to provide timely recommendations to Management and HR.
- Littlefund — Littlefund is a smart gifting and savings app for parents to build their child’s financial journey with ease.
- Mycroft — Am open source alternative to Siri and Alexa.
- Nazar — Agent-less database performance monitoring.
- Numina — A sensing platform that uses computer vision to deliver real-time insights from streets and make cities more responsive.
- Obie (Tasytt Inc.) — A Slackbot for accessing team data.
- Optimity — Reduces preventable drug claims costs for employers through a digital health coaching program.
- Orderly Health — An AI-powered concierge to help employees navigate their healthcare.
- Preteckt — A hardware and software solution that uses machine learning to predict vehicle breakdowns before they cost you money.
- Printivo — One-stop online print shop for African designers and business to order quality prints and marketing collateral.
- RapidCFO — AI financial assistant.
- Raxar Technology Corporation — An intelligent data management platform that enables enterprise and government agencies to reduce costs, track critical assets, and optimize complex workflows.
- Regard — Offers income insurance online, enabling individuals to get cash benefits when they’re too sick or injured to work.
- SentiSum — An AI analytics solution helping enterprises leverage all their customer opinion data.
- Shoelace — An AI assistant that helps e-commerce merchants launch retargeting campaigns on social media.
- Skeyecode — Authentication software based on a new cryptography scheme.
- Smile Identity — Ties ID documents to a “smart selfie” of a user, creating a universal biometric for authentication on any Android device.
- Text To Ticket — Pays for user-submitted videos that catch texting and driving in the act.
- TopDocs — A software platform for hospitals to boost revenue from medical tourism.
- TrueCare24 — One stop shop for complete medical care delivered to home for loved ones.
- UrbanLogiq — Applies machine-learning analytics to make city planning faster, cheaper and more accurate.
- WellTrack — On-demand online therapy for stress, anxiety, and depression to open up access to mental health care.
- Win-Win — A sports gaming platform where fans compete to win priceless experiences with their favorite pro athletes, all while contributing to charitable causes. Social Games For Social Good.
- YayPay — AI to accelerate cash flow and automate accounts receivables.
- Zyudly Labs — Provides deep learning powered fraud and cyber security solutions for the financial services industry.
- VIA Global Health — A platform that connects people in emerging markets with medical supplies that are otherwise inaccessible.
- Visabot — An AI-powered solution for streamlining U.S. visa process
- Hykso — Live streaming boxing classes with socially connected motion sensors
WANT MORE 500? IF YOU’RE AN ACTIVE OR ACCREDITED INVESTOR, REGISTER HERE FOR BATCH 21 DEMO DAY IN MOUNTAIN VIEW, AND DON’T MISS OUR OTHER UPCOMING EVENTS.
FINALLY, WE’LL LEAVE YOU WITH THE B20 COMMERCIAL, AIRED AT DEMO DAY:
THANK YOU TO PARC 55, OUR VENUE PARTNER
THANK YOU TO EVENTXTRA, OUR EVENT PARTNER